Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) workplaces are common place for employees working from home with personal computers and devices or for contractors collaborating with teams.
While we will always advise that best practice is to provide all remote working employees with a company computer that is cyber secure, sometimes this is not feasible. Therefore, allowing staff and contractors to use their private computers to continue working may be the best solution for both businesses and employees.
Our Cyber Safe Remote Workplace Solutions enable employees to securely access and continue their work – while using their computer or device. Our system supports both businesses with remote connection access, as well as businesses that utilise cloud-based programs and applications.
For both situations, our team can:
• Advise on the best option to ensure a cyber safe remote working system for your unique situation and offer cyber security awareness training for employees
• Establish cloud-based phone systems so you can continue to communicate with your clients and employees
• Review your inhouse computer security (i.e. windows domain based) as this may no longer be active when transitioning to a complete remove workplace
• Ensure appropriate backup procedures are in place to recover local data that is created and lost due to either cyber attacks or human error
• Implement Multi-Factor Authentication to increase password protection when using private devices
• Consider licensing costs if computers are set up with perpetual licenses or subscription licenses for regularly used programs (such as the Microsoft Office Suite)
• Recommend appropriate internet speed to ensure all employees are working from locations that have sufficient internet connection speed• Establish cloud-based phone systems so you can continue to communicate with your clients and employees
Implementing a cyber safe remote workplace with BYO computers and devices will vary for most businesses, therefore, we recommend getting in touch with us today so we can discuss your needs. Alternatively, review our Cyber Safe Remote Workplace Solutions and/or our Cyber Security Management System.