What is User Application Hardening?To top
User Application Hardening is similar to Application Control, however, instead of deciding what programs are allowed to run, the process decides what programs are allowed to do. This is important as it restricts applications, such as Adobe Flash and Java, running at their own free will on your computer causing performance issues and increasing vulnerability. You can read more about User Application Hardening benefits here.
Installing User Application HardeningTo top
User Application Hardening is installed as part of the Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) Platform installation. Please view the RMM Install Guide here: RMM Install Guide
Using User Application HardeningTo top
Users do not need to undertake any actions to start the User Application Hardening Process. The Jam Cyber system will automatically block high-risk applications from running to minimise the risk of a cyber attack. Jam Cyber has also identified a range of applications that can safely run.
- If you are attempting to run an application that is restricted, please follow the onscreen prompts for next steps or contact your ICT Manager to initiate an Authorised Override.
Troubleshooting User Application HardeningTo top
If you believe an application has been inappropriately blocked, you can request an override. Please contact your Authorised Administrator or ICT Manager with the following information:
- What is the application you are trying to run?
- What website/program are you trying to run it from?
- Why do you need this application?
- Have you successfully opened and used this application before?
Visit our FAQ to find out more.