Referred to as JamCyber is the company Magnetic Alliance Cyber Pty Ltd and/or its employees. Referred to as a customer is any third party (private, business, or company) requesting any goods or services of JamCyber.
All sale of goods and provision of services stated on the title page of this section by JamCyber to the customer is conducted on these standard terms and conditions:
All prices, rates, and charges are in Australian Dollars and include GST unless indicated otherwise.
Accepted credit cards are VISA and Mastercard only
- We ship items out as soon as possible, but this will not always be the same day as your order. In general, please add 2-3 business days to allow for processing time. If we anticipate a longer lead time (i.e. due to stock shortages) we will contact you before processing the order for shipment. If you have any questions about the lead time on a specific item, please contact us at 02 8188 7575 with your questions.
- You should receive an email confirming your order shortly after you’ve placed it. If you don’t receive that email, please check your spam folder.
- We use Fastway or Australia Post where available and a signature is required for collection or acceptance of the order delivery.
- We do not offer insurance.
- We do not ship internationally.
- These terms and conditions apply to all JamCyber Cloud phone services (the “Service”). You must read and understand this agreement (the “Agreement”) before using the service in whole or in part. In this agreement, “We” or “Us” or “www.jamcyber.com”, JamCyber, relates to Magnetic Alliance Cyber Pty Ltd, the sites mentioned, or their agents, and “You” or “Customer” relates to the person, the person(s) or organization receiving the Service. Also, acknowledge that these terms and conditions may vary from time to time. Please check back these conditions regularly, as the use of this service constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- You acknowledge that although we will take all reasonable steps to make sure you receive the voice service within the local calling areas, the voice service is not free from faults or interruptions. Certain factors, such as network congestion, maintenance, technical capabilities, geographic factors, obstructions, or interference may mean you will not receive the voice service at certain times.
- When using this service, you will ensure that you and others comply at all times with all laws and obligations, regulations, codes or determinations, or any other requirements of any government or statutory authority, including license conditions, applicable to the services and their use. Failure to comply with any license, permit, or authorization relating to the connection of equipment to the Service Delivery Point or use of the services may result in immediate termination of the agreement. In addition, you must not transmit, distribute, or otherwise publish on the Service any libelous, defamatory, abusive material or material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings. If this occurs, www.jamcyber.com will not be held liable for any charges incurred by these proceedings.
- The contents of the Service, including, but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content (the “Content”) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of Australia and other countries, and owned or controlled by www.jamcyber.com, their affiliates or the party credited as the provider of the Content. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising the Content are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Service. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of the Service. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the www.jamcyber.com Cloud phone service may not be resold or otherwise resupplied by any account holder to any other person or entity without www.jamcyber.com’ prior written consent.
- Fees and charges applicable to your service will commence from the date of connection towww.jamcyber.com. For postpaid customers, we will email an invoice to you no less frequently than monthly, and you must pay these fees and charges by the invoice due date. All fees and charges will be billed to your nominated credit/charge card. If you cancel your credit/charge card authority, or if you do not pay your invoice by the invoice due date, www.jamcyber.com will charge a fifteen dollar late fee. Charges for archive or hardcopy invoices may apply. www.jamcyber.com can decide that you have a credit limit. If so, we will tell you what that credit limit is. If you exceed the credit limit, we may suspend the service until you pay all call charges owing on your account. Finally, we may ask you to pay a deposit for some or all of the service charges in advance, in order to receive or continue receiving your service. You are still required to pay us your monthly charges by the invoice due date.
- Our prepaid services are designed to prevent account balances being debited past 0. Due to the resource-intensive nature of per-second call checking, you may end up with a debit balance. If you have a debit balance (illustrated with a negative sign), it must be repaid to www.jamcyber.com within 30 days of your balance going into debit, otherwise, www.jamcyber.com may choose to retrieve these funds using the appropriate legal channels.
- If you have authorized payments by credit card, debit authority, or other similar methods, then payments shall be drawn against your authority when due without further notice to you unless you terminate the payment method by 14 days written notice to www.jamcyber.com. Disconnection to the Service will occur in the event that your authorized payment method is refused or dishonored by your nominated financial institution.
- Your term begins when you are first connected to www.jamcyber.com and continues for a period of time until you disconnect. Should your details change at any time, you must notify us immediately. If you want to discontinue your connection, you must give us notice by telephoning the www.jamcyber.com billing department and requesting a disconnection. The Service will be disconnected within 7 days of receipt. www.jamcyber.com may suspend, restrict, or disconnect the service under varying circumstances. A final invoice will be issued after disconnection and you must pay all fees and charges you incurred using the service, up to the date of disconnection.
- www.jamcyber.com records are prima face evidence of the Customer’s use of the service and the charges payable. www.jamcyber.com allows customers to connect to the service using their own device. www.jamcyber.com only charges for answered calls and ceases to charge when the call is terminated by the caller. Timed calls are calculated using the total network time used for each call. The Customer agrees that any calls from the www.jamcyber.com account supplied to the Customer are deemed to be authorized by the Customer and the Customer will pay all charges accordingly. International calls are charged in 30-second increments, Mobile timed calls are charged in one-second increments. There is a minimum charge of 1 cent on all timed calls.
- www.jamcyber.com may provide Customers and Resellers with access to the www.jamcyber.com billing (or “reseller”) software. This software may provide figures detailing total call costs and individual call details. Where the software is provided, it is provided as a guide only and records should be kept by the Customer to check that the total provided is correct. The software should serve only as a tool for verifying the Customer’s own records.
- All Customers are assigned a unique www.jamcyber.com identification username and password. The Customer should keep confidential all passwords the Customer is given in connection with the service. The Customer acknowledges that www.jamcyber.com will disclose any information in connection with the customers’ accounts to any person who correctly quotes the Customer’s password.
- www.jamcyber.com’ DIDs are direct in dial numbers owned by www.jamcyber.com which are connected to our server in Sydney. www.jamcyber.com’s incoming DID service gives you exclusive use of one or more f these numbers so that any calls to the number will be automatically directed to your www.jamcyber.com phone. You can further divert this call to any other fixed or mobile phone. You can have as many DIDs directed to your service as you like, from as many cities as you like www.jamcyber.com DIDs always remain the property of www.jamcyber.com and the use of these DIDs is a service offered by www.jamcyber.com. You cannot port a www.jamcyber.com owned DID to another provider, unless a written request is made to transfer the ownership of the DID to the customer www.jamcyber.com may transfer ownership of a DID to the customer at a cost of $20 per single DID or $100 per 100-number block of DIDs. Customer-owned direct in dial numbers are then portable to other Telstra or Optus.
- Customers mort their own number at www.jamcyber.com from Optus or Telstra. This ported DID will continue to belong to the customer, and not www.jamcyber.com. This DID can be ported to another Telecommunications provider by the customer without notice www.jamcyber.com.
- www.jamcyber.com offers a supplementary phone service only. The phone service provided is supplementary to your existing landline or mobile phone service. As such, you are required to own an active landline or mobile with a Telecommunications provider in Australia at all times. Emergency calls are dialed on your landline or mobile phone only because Voice over IP by nature is not fault-free as mentioned above (2.) www.jamcyber.com may contact you on your mobile or landline periodically to ensure that your details are up to date. When calling Emergency Services (000) from a www.jamcyber.com phone your location details may not be automatically transmitted to the operator. When calling 000 using a VoIP phone service, the operator must verify your location details with you.
- If in www.jamcyber.com’ opinion, you breach any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, we may suspend, terminate, or limit your access to the Service and terminate this Agreement effective immediately. The termination of the Service shall not preclude www.jamcyber.com from exercising any other rights www.jamcyber.com may have against you under this Agreement.
- These terms plus the terms of the chosen Service(s) constitute the entire Agreement between the Customer and www.jamcyber.com concerning Service(s). Any condition, warranty, representation, or other terms which might otherwise be implied into or incorporated into these terms and conditions, or any collateral contract, whether by statute, common law or otherwise, is hereby excluded. Neither party shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made to it upon which it relied in entering into this Agreement (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and each party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in this Agreement.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws and regulations of the state of New South Wales.
For prepaid accounts, in normal circumstances, the customer’s account balance will not go into a debit balance below 0.00. (See Delivery of Service notes in the FAQ section for situations where this might occur). A pre-paid balance can be refunded to the customer on request.
If the customer wishes to discontinue the service and has a credit balance at the time of cancellation, we will refund the remaining balance of the customer’s account back onto their credit card (We can also refund by Direct Deposit by request). The customer may cancel their service at any time by calling support.
Plan purchases are non-refundable, as all services associated with a particular plan are activated at the time of purchase.
Usually, a refund from the account credit balance to the customer (via credit card or direct deposit) is only available when closing an account – but if the customer has accidentally added more funds to their account than they had intended, a refund will be made if the customer contacts support.
Complaints Handling Policy
www.jamcyber.com strives for excellence in customer service, one of the strongest points about www.jamcyber.com is our reputation as one of the best and most customer-friendly CSP’s in Australia. However, sometimes things do not go as planned. It may be that you don’t agree with your bill or perhaps the staff member you spoke with did not address your concern correctly. Whatever it may be, we want to hear about it. It is your right to complain and this feedback helps us to continually better our services for you and other customers. Current or former customers of www.jamcyber.com are welcome to make a complaint if they feel the need to do so.
NOTE: If you would like to nominate an authorized Representative/advocate to make a complaint on your behalf, please authorize them during your call/email
What is defined as a complaint?
A complaint means an expression of dissatisfaction made to us in relation to our services or the complaints handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected by you. Contacting www.jamcyber.com to request support or to report a service difficulty is not necessarily a complaint. Technical and support issues are common and occur for many reasons, if you are simply experiencing a technical issue we will not consider your contact with us as an official complaint unless you specifically request us to.
First point of Contact
Jamcyber Technical Support team is the customer support team within www.jamcyber.com who assist to resolve issues of a technical nature.
» PH: 02 8188 7575 or email email@example.com
www.jamcyber.com Accounts team is the customer support and main point of contact within www.jamcyber.com for questions regarding your account or further information about our services.
» PH: 02 8188 7575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having difficulties with your Accounts or Technical Support representative, they should be able to transfer you to someone else to help resolve your issue.
Lodging a Formal complaint
If our Accounting or Technical Support teams have been unable to satisfy your issue, you can request for your call to be considered a complaint.
You may also make a complaint directly to our operations manager:
Email – email@example.com
Mail – PO Box 1235, Glenelg South SA 5045
Minimum information required when submitting a complaint
» Account holder’s full name
» Account username
» Daytime contact phone number
» Details of complaint – Dates, times, staff members speak to
» Proposed outcome
Resolving the complaint
All www.jamcyber.com staff are generally capable of resolving the majority of complaints. Our main goal is to resolve your complaint with a fair resolution upon your first contact with us.
Upon receiving your complaint, you will receive an acknowledgment that it has been received within two working days.
If you are unsatisfied with the response, you can request that your complaint be directed to a senior staff member. Generally, all complaints are already handled by a senior staff member.
If your complaint has been lodged over the phone, you may be directed to a senior staff member in the first instance. In the situation that a senior staff member is not available to answer your call, please allow up to six hours for them to return your call. If you have called at the end of the working day they may try and contact you up until 9 pm AEST or return your call at the start of the next business day.
The outcome of a complaint
Some complaints are more complex than others and as such may take longer to resolve. We aim to provide a resolution at this level within five working days. We will not implement any resolution until acceptance is received from you.
We will advise you either verbally (via telephone) or in writing (via email or SMS) of the outcome of your complaint. If you prefer a specific method of contact, this may be requested when lodging your complaint.
A complaint is considered urgent if it falls under one of the following categories:
» You have applied for or have been accepted as being in Financial Hardship under www.jamcyber.com’s Financial Hardship policy and where the nature of the complaint can reasonably be presumed to directly contribute to or aggravate your Financial Hardship. See our Financial Hardship Policy for further information.
» If your service is about to be disconnected and/or this has happened in error.
Please note www.jamcyber.com does not offer the Priority Assistance scheme
You will find that all matters can be handled by www.jamcyber.com’s internal processes and we do require that you first allow us the opportunity to exhaust all avenues in resolving your complaint. However, if you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint and you have escalated this within www.jamcyber.com, you may seek complaint mediation or further assistance from the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Contact details of the TIO can be found on their website: http://www.tio.com.au/about-us/contact-us
Translating and interpreting services
If English is not your first language, The Department of Home Affairs provides a translating and interpreting service. They can be contacted via https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/contact-us
To contact jamcyber please go to the use any of the contact details located on our website www.jamcyber.com
or contact us on our number 02 8188 7575
Financial Hardship Policy http://www.benchmarking.com.au/
What is financial hardship?
The Telecommunications Consumer Protection Code defines financial hardship as:
“A situation where a Customer is unable, reasonably, because of illness, unemployment or other reasonable cause, to discharge their financial obligations under their contract with the Supplier, and the Customer reasonably expects to be able to discharge those obligations if payment and/or Service arrangements were changed. Financial hardship can be of limited or long-term duration.”
Financial hardship involves a customer’s inability to pay bills, not an unwillingness to do so. Customer hardship can arise from a variety of situations. Hardship can be either of limited duration or long term. To illustrate, several of the common causes are listed below.
Hardship may arise in the following circumstances:
» Loss of employment of you or a family member
» Illness, including physical incapacity, hospitalization or mental illness of you or a family member
» Family breakdown
» A death in the family
» Other factors resulting in an unforeseen change in your capacity to meet their payment obligations, whether through a reduction in income or an increase in non-discretionary expenditure.
The earlier you contact us, the better. Discussing your concerns allows us to help you manage your bills. If you are having a problem paying your bill, or you wish to discuss options available to you to minimize your bill, call www.jamcyber.com on
» PH: 02 8188 7575
Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm AEDST
A payment arrangement may be made if evidence of a hardship claim can be supported with appropriate documentation. If documentation cannot be delivered to justify the claim, a payment extension may be offered to provide the revised due date does not fall into a new billing period.
A payment arrangement is an agreement between a www.jamcyber.com and yourself, where an outstanding balance may be broken into smaller repayments that are more manageable for you.
If you require time to pay an outstanding amount, agreeing to a payment plan and sticking to it will help prevent disconnection of your service. Disconnection of your service is used only as a last resort, and we will work with you to avoid this if possible.
To assist us in establishing the level of support you require, dependent on your circumstance, we may request supporting evidence, including, but not limited to:
» A statutory declaration from a person familiar with the customer’s circumstances (family doctor, clergy, bank officer, etc.).
» Evidence of the customer having consulted with, and/or being accompanied by a recognized financial counselor, or a booking to see a financial counselor.
» An income/expenditure assessment from Centrelink.
» A severance letter from the customer’s most recent employer.
Judgment as to whether a customer is experiencing genuine financial hardship rather than simply seeking to defer payment lies with www.jamcyber.com.
Failure to honor the arrangement
If you do not adhere to the terms of the arrangement and do not contact www.jamcyber.com to re-negotiate, we will take reasonable steps to contact you or your authorized representative (e.g. financial counselor) before taking further action.
If any further financial difficulties are experienced, you must immediately notify us so that the arrangement can be reviewed.
After reasonable unsuccessful attempts have been made by www.jamcyber.com to contact you (or your representative), or if you refuse to honor the arrangement, the outstanding payable amount may be referred to a third party debt collection agency.
Minimizing your Debt
There are options available for minimizing your debts:
» change to a lower Plan
» Temporarily suspend your service so no further invoices are generated
There is a range of other financial support services available such as free financial counseling services offered in each state and territory in Australia. For more information on these and other options available please see the ACMA’s website.
Translating, interpreting, and counseling services
If English is not your first language, The Department of Home Affairs provides a translating and interpreting service. They can be contacted via https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/contact-us.
You can talk to a phone financial counselor from anywhere in Australia by visiting www.financialcounsellingaustralia.org.au or calling 1800 007 007 (minimum opening hours are 9.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday). This number will automatically switch through to the service in the State or Territory closest to you.
To contact jamcyber please go to the use any of the contact details located on our website www.jamcyber.com or contact us on our number 02 8188 7575
Revision of the Financial Hardship Policy
Magnetic Alliance Cyber Pty Ltd reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify the Financial Hardship Policy, our Internet Service Agreements, and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted on the Internet at www.jamcyber.com.
Network Security and Security Tools
Customers agree to accept responsibility and liability for the security of and/or access to their networks and related systems. You must take reasonable and appropriate precautions to prevent any violations of your network and/or related systems security. www.jamcyber.com does not take responsibility or liability in any way for any violations of your network and/or related systems security, however, caused.
While www.jamcyber.com is responsible for the provision of your service, you are responsible for ensuring that adequate security in the form of virus protection and firewalls exist to protect your electronic data and computer operating system or the electronic data and computer operating system against and unauthorized or unwarranted intrusion
Why is security software important? And what does it protect from?
Viruses – Security software helps deliver protection that stops most viruses, such as Trojans and worms before they can infect your computer.
Spyware – Security software can help prevent cybercriminals from hacking into your computer and stealing your personal information such as passwords.
Information & Identity Theft – Security software can help protect you from software that may self-install on a computer, or be installed as a hidden component of another program. These programs generally enable information to be gathered secretly about what websites you visit, your passwords, etc.
Online Predators – Security software can spy on your children’s website and social network activity, it can also block access to inappropriate material/websites where required.
What should I use?
www.jamcyber.com does not recommend anyone piece of security software as everyone’s needs are different
Please review the smartest place on earth for such questions, Google and the Comparison of antivirus software WiKi, or talk to your trusted IT supplier about appropriate software and hardware measures to protect your ICT infrastructure.